Welcome back! Fingers crossed I don’t have to edit or cancel this one.
Speaking of edits – this will NOT be the same ride as previously planned for last month. The only time slot I could get for LittleBrew was 3:30pm so we’re going to do a shorter loop ride, which will start/finish at Dobson Park near LittleBrew in Ferntree Gully.
There are two options to join in on Sunday:
1) ride only
2) ride and dine (beer and pizza!)
RIDE ONLY – The current cap for outdoor (socially distanced) activities is 50 people. We’ve never had that many people on a Club ride, and I don’t expect that we will get that many people this time. Our nominal cap is 20 riders. You will all be asked to check in with a QR code at the start of the ride.
RIDE AND DINE – The current cap for group bookings is 10 people, therefore you must RSVP if you wish to stay after the ride for beer and pizza at LittleBrew. If you choose to stay, please be committed to purchasing food and drink to support this small business which (like many) have been hit hard by the (ongoing) Covid lockdowns.
People who RSVP’d for last month’s ride will be offered first dibs on Ride & Dine places. If there are any allocations left people will be included on a first-come-first-served basis. Therefore please let me know your preference when you RSVP.
Here are the actual ride details:
- Meeting time: 2:15pm
- Meeting location: Dobson Park, Ferntree Gully – just around the corner from LittleBrew
- Distance: approx 13km (loop)
- Elevation: Although not flat, the rises should be easy to moderate for everyone.
- Ride duration: 60-90min. We’re aiming to arrive at LittleBrew at 3:30pm where we have a reservation for 10 people
- RSVP: Please RSVP to Dayna at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your “Ride” or “Ride & Dine” group preference. If you confirm via the Facebook event, please also comment in the event to indicate your preference.
Suggestions for what to bring:
- Your bike (in good working order)
- Sensible clothes for the weather
- Water bottle
- Money (card)
- MYKI (just in case)
- Hand sanitiser and mask (just in case)
- Spare tube (if you have one)
- Helmet (it’s the law)
- Smile (they’re free and wonderful to share)
Public Transport Options
LittleBrew is a pretty easy 2.5km ride to Boronia Station, mostly on bike/share paths. I will also be travelling to/from via this option.
Friends are great!
You are always welcome to bring a friend along on our rides. That friend does not need to own/ride a Brompton to join in. All we ask – from everyone – is that you/they are friendly and polite, and be a considerate rider within the group. If they want to try a Brompton for the ride and you don’t have a spare, then please feel free to contact me at Brompton Junction Melbourne.
Not sure if we’re for you?
Should you have any queries about the ride that are not adequately covered above, or any concerns about your own riding abilities – please reach out to me at email@example.com. Don’t rule yourself out before you’ve had a go…or at least a chat.
Happy riding everyone. Hope to see you soon.